Next Level Communication is hiring a Communication Consultant for the Asia-Pacific region! We are a fast-growing strategic communications coaching and consultancy firm that works with multinationals, investment firms, and growth companies across the region. This is a remote position, and hours are flexible.
Who is Next Level Communication:
At NLC, we believe that better communication leads to better outcomes. We are on a mission to help leaders and organizations unlock business value by reaching their next level as communicators. We do this by providing executive coaching for senior leaders, consultation on messaging strategy, and supporting our clients in their most critical stakeholder communications. Our principals bring 25+ years of experience in cross-border communication and management with some of the world’s most influential leaders and organizations. Our team is highly international, multilingual, and values a diversity of thought, skills, perspectives, and communication styles.
Who You Are:
- You are client-oriented. You enjoy meeting with clients, understanding their needs, and delivering outcomes that exceed their expectations.
- You have a love for writing. Long-form, short-form, speeches, memos or presentation decks – you can craft communication on complex ideas in a variety of written styles and formats.
- You are globally-minded. You have a high level of linguistic and cross-cultural fluency in Chinese and English.
- You are curious. You strive to understand both the larger context and detailed nuance of our business, our clients’ businesses, and of international business and finance at large.
- You are a team player. You collaborate effectively in a remote work environment. You are responsive, reliable, and you give and receive feedback well.
- You have a growth mindset. You are committed to improving as a communicator in your personal and professional life, and to helping others improve.
What You’ll Do:
- Advise clients on their communication strategy and messaging to internal and external stakeholders.
- Work with our clients to write, review, and polish their written materials – including presentation decks, scripts, investment memos, founder letters, newsletters, articles, etc.
- Serve as a point of contact to manage client interactions.
- Manage our multinational team workflow – assignments, reviews, and quality check on client deliverables.
- Translation, transcription, proofreading, editing, and copywriting as needed. Our outputs are typically in English based on client inputs in Mandarin or English, either written or verbally communicated.
- Develop NLC branded written thought leadership for publication on our social media and website.
- Research, prepare and deliver bespoke 1:1 or group communications coaching experiences.
- Other tasks as needed, including social media management, content development, industry research and other projects. We’re a start-up, be prepared to take ownership and lead!
- Native English fluency with advanced business-level Mandarin proficiency (equivalent to HSK 5 or above (old test) or HSK 7 or above (new test).
- 1-3 years of professional working experience, ideally in management consulting, communications, public relations, investor relations (finance) or business journalism.
- Translation, editing, and/or copywriting capabilities.
- Project management and client management experience.
- Strong communication skillset and experience working with a cross-cultural team.
- Asia time zone location preferred; our team members are based in China, Japan, Singapore, Vietnam, Australia, and the US.
Terms of the Position:
We seek to hire individuals on a full-time, open-ended contract basis. Extended term contract offers including work permit sponsorship and relocation support may be available based on performance. Compensation is competitive with market rates. Working hours are flexible, with occasional evening and weekend availability required.
Send your CV and two professional writing samples (one English & one Mandarin) to email@example.com, including a brief explanation of why you are interested in this role.
We look forward to connecting with you!
Come Join Our Team!