We are hiring!
Apply through LinkedIn here. Or Send your CV and two professional writing samples (one English & one Mandarin) to firstname.lastname@example.org, including a brief explanation of why you are interested in this role.
Who is Next Level Communication
At NLC, we believe that better communication leads to better outcomes. We are on a mission to help leaders and organizations unlock business value by reaching their next level as communicators. We do this by providing executive coaching for senior leaders, consultation on messaging strategy, and supporting our clients in their most critical stakeholder communications. Our principals bring 25+ years of experience in cross-border communication and management with some of the world’s most influential leaders and organizations. Our team is highly international, multilingual, and values a diversity of thought, skills, perspectives, and communication styles.
- You have a love for writing. Long-form, short-form, memos or presentation decks – you can craft communication on complex ideas in a variety of written styles and formats.
- You are client-oriented. You enjoy meeting with clients, understanding their needs, and delivering outcomes that exceed their expectations.
- You are globally-minded. You have a high level of linguistic and cross-cultural fluency in Chinese and English.
- You are curious. You strive to understand both the larger context and detailed nuance of our business, our clients’ businesses, and of international business and finance at large.
- You are a team player. You collaborate effectively in a remote work environment. You are responsive, reliable, and you give and receive feedback well.
- You have a growth mindset. You are committed to improving as a communicator in your personal and professional life, and to helping others improve.
- Advise clients on their communication strategy and messaging to internal and external stakeholders.
- Work with our clients to write, review, and polish their written materials – including presentation decks, scripts, investment memos, founder letters, newsletters, articles, etc.
- Serve as a point of contact to manage client interactions.
- Manage our multinational team workflow – assignments, reviews, and quality check on client deliverables.
- Translation, transcription, proofreading, editing, and copywriting (Mandarin and English) as needed.
- Other tasks as needed, including executive coaching, social media postings, content development, and other projects. We’re a start-up, be prepared to take ownership and lead!
- Fluency in Mandarin & English (native or near-native)
- Minimum 3 years of professional working experience
- Experience in corporate communication, management consulting, public relations, investor relations (finance) or business journalism preferred
- Translation, editing, and/or copywriting capabilities
- Project management and client management capabilities
- Strong communication skillset & experience with cross-cultural exchange
- Asia time zone location
We seek to hire individuals on a contract basis. Full-time position offers may be extended based on performance. Compensation is competitive with market rates. The position is remote and based in the China/Japan time zone. Hours are flexible.
Send your CV and two professional writing samples (one English & one Mandarin) to email@example.com, including a brief explanation of why you are interested in this role.